Anatomy of Developmental Parenting (FA Retro)
This episode represents a turning point in Doctors Brian and Giuseppe's approach to parenting and working with families. In our first 2011 interview with Dr. Gordon Neufeld, we discuss his developmental approach to parenting, which focuses on the essential factors in the parent-child relationship that drive maturity and positive behaviour. Topics include:
- What should parents see if their child is maturing?
- What is required for a child to reach his or her potential?
- How can parents make it easier for their kids to develop optimally?
- What does it take to encourage connections with your kids?
- What can parents and teachers do to reduce defiance or noncompliance?
Note: Posts on Family Anatomy are for education only, and are not intended to replace professional or medical advice. If you need to talk to someone about family or mental health issues, you can get a referral from your family doctor. Doctors Brian and Giuseppe discussed kids and families in general in this episode, but every child and family is unique; your experience may vary from that discussed in this episode.