Anatomy of Five Years (Episode 161)
Family Anatomy is 5 years old!
Doctors Brian and Giuseppe talk about the evolution of their approach to working with families, and changes that they've made over the 5 years of the podcast. A renowned expert in child development joins them in the studio as a surprise guest. Find out about:
- the shift from a behavioural approach to a focus on the relationship between parents and children
- overcoming prior learning to shift to more effective strategies for helping children
- the importance of the parent-child relationship in helping children to develop
- how your relationship can affect your child's behaviour
- the difference between an "expert" approach and a developmental model
Leave us a comment, or you can e-mail suggestions or questions to email@example.com.
Note: Posts on Family Anatomy are for education only, and are not intended to replace professional or medical advice. If you need to talk to someone about family or mental health issues, you can get a referral from your family doctor. Doctors Brian and Giuseppe discussed kids in general in this episode, but every child is unique; your experience may vary from that discussed in this episode.