Anatomy of The Fourth Trimester (Episode 159)
Doctors Brian and Giuseppe speak with Susan Brink, author of The Fourth Trimester, about nurturing an infant though the first three months. Topics include:
- Why the first three months of life should be considered "the fourth trimester"
- How new babies respond to pain and what to do about it
- Newborns and quality versus quantity time
- Sleep in the fourth trimester
- Understimulation and overstimulation in the fourth trimester
- The parent-infant relationship in the fourth trimester
Find out about baby's first three months in this week's episode!
You can also get your free podcast subscription in iTunes.
Leave us a comment, or you can e-mail suggestions or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Posts on Family Anatomy are for education only, and are not intended to replace professional or medical advice. If you need to talk to someone about family or mental health issues, you can get a referral from your family doctor. Doctors Brian and Giuseppe discussed kids in general in this episode, but every child is unique; your experience may vary from that discussed in this episode.