Anatomy of Family Connections, Pt. 1 (Episode 131)
Doctors Brian and Giuseppe talk with Dr. Gordon Neufeld, author of Hold On To Your Kids: Why Parents Need To Matter More Than Peers, about how parents can make connections with their kids that will help them to reach their potential while avoiding behaviour problems.
- What should parents see if their child is maturing?
- What is required for a child to reach his or her potential?
- How can parents make it easier for their kids to develop optimally?
- What does it take to encourage connections with your kids?
- What can parents and teachers do to reduce defiance or noncompliance?
Dr. Neufeld is coming to the Ottawa area in February 2012. You can find his speaking schedule here. Hold On To Your Kids is available at online and brick-and-mortar bookstores.
Note: Posts on Family Anatomy are for education only, and are not intended to replace professional or medical advice. If you need to talk to someone about family or mental health issues, you can get a referral from your family doctor. Doctor Brian and Giuseppe discussed kids in general in this episode, but every child is unique; your experience may vary from those discussed in this episode.