Doctors Brian and Giuseppe continue their talk with Dr. Leonard Sax, author of Boys Adrift: The Five Factors Driving the Growing Epidemic of Unmotivated Boys and Underachieving Young Men, about motivation, underachievement, and what parents and schools can do to help. In Part 2, we cover:
- How schools “criminalize” stereotypical boy behaviour and the impact on motivation
- Suggestions for how schools and churches can improve boys’ desire to be successful
- Who are boys’ role models in the 21st century and how do they affect boys’ motivation?
- How do environmental contaminants affect motivation?
- How parents might be able to reduce boys’ obsession with video games.
Find out Dr. Sax’s ideas about how parents, schools and community organizations can help to improve boys’ motivation and reduce underachievement in this week’s episode.
… or you can right click here to save the episode for later.
Note: Posts on Family Anatomy are for education only, and are not intended to replace professional or medical advice. If you need to talk to someone about family or mental health issues, you can get a referral from your family doctor. Doctors Brian and Giuseppe discussed kids in general in this episode, but every child is unique; your experience may vary from that discussed in this episode.